For just £12 per annum you can become a Member of the Marden History Group. By doing so, you not only support the work of the History Group, you also receive a range of online benefits, which you can take advantage of regardless of your location:
- Full access to all the transcribed records in the Marden History Archives. All the details are there, so there is no need to pay us to do your searches.
- Access to all the images in the Archives
- Images are constantly being uploaded – if you cannot find something please ask.
- “Despatches” our email newsletter twice a year – keep up to date with the latest news from the Marden History Group and Heritage Centre.
- Access to our archive of past issues of “Despatches”
WHAT IS IN THE ARCHIVES?
- Parish records – Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
- Catalogue – details of all the material we hold in the Heritage Centre: photographs, press cuttings, artefacts, documents etc. – over 4,000 records and more being added continually.
- 1,264 Poor Law Records. We only hold transcriptions, not copies of the orginal records.
- 1,500 cemetery records
- Medieval Wills – shortened transcriptions giving the main details.
- Censuses – 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1981, 1891, 1901.
Coming soon…. 1911 census, tithe information, trade directories, extracts from the Maidstone Journal.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
Contact our Membership Secretary- email: email@example.com. It couldn’t be easier.