This document explains how the Marden History Group handles and protects personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What personal information do we hold?
The Marden History Group holds personal information for the following reasons:
- contact details for our steering group, volunteers, researchers, donors, etc.
- contact details for those using our services, e.g. web members
- contact details for individuals or representatives of other organisations with whom we work
We also hold certain types of document which may contain personal information, for example:
- records of purchases and sales required for accounting and tax purposes
- administrative records, e.g. minutes of meetings, plans, policies and procedures
- general correspondence (letters and e-mails)
- What do we do with this personal information?
The Marden History Group only holds personal information where it is necessary for the administration of the group’s activities and to keep our contacts informed about relevant matters.
The group does not share personal information with third parties.
Personal information is only retained for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. For example,
- contact details for donors to the groups archives and collections are kept indefinitely in case it is necessary to contact them about these items
- other contact details are only kept for those currently or recently working for or with the group or otherwise known to be interested in its activities
- records for accounting and tax purposes are kept for six years (as required by legislation)
- administrative records and general correspondence are subject to periodic review by the steering group to confirm what needs to be kept for the time being
Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed.
- What should I do if I no longer wish to receive updates about the group and its activities?
We will then remove your contact details from our records.
Downloadable PDF of this notice: 2018-05-25 Privacy Notice